Baby it’s Cold Outside is pleased to announce that Easy Next Steps has chosen us as their Charity of Choice for their "Giving Back Program"! Easy Next Steps is a Canada-based company that provides Canadians with a wide variety of options in health care, lifestyle, career and money management by connecting them with the right people in the right fields, whether they’re an individual, a family or a business.
Easy Next Steps is dedicated to championing Canada’s 235,000 homeless. Through their partnership we hope to increase our efforts to supply vulnerable citizens in Southern Alberta with the support they need and work toward our goal of transitional housing. We’re so grateful for this exciting partnership with Easy Next Steps and their clients!
What a fantastic day! Our first CNOY- Okotoks 2020 co-hosting with Okotoks Food Bank Association was a great success! We had over 120 amazing folks from our community share in a walk for the hungery, homeless or hurt.
We are incredibly grateful to our volunteers that welcomed everyone, managed routes and rest stops, our registration team that registered our walkers to our food team that made the delicious community meal for all to enjoy.
Thank you to all our amazing teams! You raised over $15,000.00 to date! Thank you for your dedication and your big hearts for thinking of others first, caring for your community and those who are vulnerable. We loved meeting your families and friends as you all gathered to share an evening that was one we at BCO will not forget! And to our donors WOW! Thank you so much for all your support!
To our sponsors and community business leaders that supported our event: Thank you for all you do in our community and your continuous compassion for charity!
It’s not too late if you would still like to donate to a team, individual or to CNOY-Okotoks the link will remain active for 1 more week.
All of us at BCO are forever grateful for every part, every action and all the compassion and kindness you brought in making CNOY- Okotoks a great success!
Mark your calendars and we will see you at CNOY-Okotoks 2021💛
We hope you can join us on February 22nd and support a community we hold so dear to our hearts. We are still in great need of volunteers! Please feel free to sign up directly on the CNOY Okotoks page or reach out to us directly.
Check out this excellent video by Coldest Night of the Year:
Incredibly grateful for our partnership with Lethbridge Hyundai (https://www.facebook.com/YQLHYUNDAI/)!
Danny Blanchard and his team at @YQLHYUNDAI are making a tremendous difference in their Lethbridge community and we are so grateful at BCO to have joined forces with them! Check out their facebook page or visit them in person!
"Surround yourself with positive people who believe in your dreams, encourage your ideas, support your ambitions, and bring out the best in you.” - Roy Bennett
We were super excited to have been part of the 8th Annual Award-Winning Alberta Food and Beverage Expo at the Exhibition Park in Lethbridge, AB, along with our incredible event sponsor Lethbridge Hyundai!
Thanks to everyone who came down and said hello to our amazing BCO Team at Booth #44! #bco #lethbridge #charity
We are beyond thrilled to be hosting the Okotoks Coldest Night of the Year fundraiser in partnership with the Okotoks Food Bank.
We are gearing up our teams and getting ready to spread some community love on February 22nd, 2020!
We would love your support--where’s your passion? Team captain? Or do you want to be part of a team? We have a spot for you! Volunteer for one of the many spots available. Or maybe you would like to sponsor part part of our community walk? Reach out to us today and we will help to get you all set up!
Sign up today to run, walk or donate! #community #charity #fundraising #giveback
Hey Lethbridge! We're excited to announce we've opened a chapter in your amazing community and we are growing quickly.
We are currently building our volunteer team and would love for you to consider BCO your charity of choice to volunteer with. Please PM us on Facebook for further details.
As we say farewell to 2019, we want to take a soulful moment and sit in gratitude for all the incredible support we received throughout the year. We reflect back on our volunteers, loyal and new, that continuously rose to every occasion to help, and to all our donors who helped in putting clothes on the backs of those in need or through financial support.
We were honoured by all the fundraising events throughout the year where so many chose BCO as their charity of choice. New partners, long-time partners, all rising up for a cause we hold so dear to our heart, offering contributions and annual commitments--we are grateful to all of you.
You have clothed, fed and offered up hope, compassion and kindness to so many, you have touched lives and renewed faith. On behalf of the BCO team and our clients, Thank You for offering a hand up and making the difference in so many lives.
Here are just some of 2019's highlights:
- BCO Becomes host of Coldest Night of the Year in Okotoks for 2020 along with Okotoks Food Bank
- Lethbridge Hyundai teams up with BCO to give Lethbridge a Hand Up, along with multiple generous donations (1 | 2)!
- BCO opens a new chapter in Lethbridge, AB!!
- BCO serves 31 families in the Christmas Feast, with 29 volunteers, serving a grand total of 139 individuals, which includes 68 children
- BCO Receives generous donation from Bar None Ranches
- Fall/Winter Essential Drive: 523 essential bags delivered to the The Mustard Seed and Calgary Drop-In Centre and Lethbridge partners
- Burger & Beer Event by The Original Essential Oils Kitchen donates to BCO
- Winter Clothing Drive was a huge success thanks to all our community partners and active community participation
- BCO teams up with Tamara Bovin Fitness and Kim McClain, receiving multiple event-driven donations throughout the year (1 | 2)
- BCO receives $1500 donation from the Okotoks Lions Club for the Christmas Feast
- BCO is nominated for the Okotoks Business Excellence Awards "Not for Profit or Social Profit Award"
- BCO participates in the groundbreaking Power of Kindness event, launching a movement of kindness in Okotoks, with proceeds from the event donated to BCO for upcoming Essentials Drives and Christmas Feast
- CD Bloom Studio selects BCO as one of their charities of choice for 1st Anniversary Event donation
- BCO wins Bronze for Best Charitable Organization in the Western Wheel Readers' Choice Awards for 2019!
- BCO hosts a volunteer appreciation event for our amazing volunteers!
- BCO participates in Sheep River Health Trust Radiothon and is donated portion of event proceeds
- BCO participates in our first Okotoks Jail and Bail, and the event is a huge success!
- For this year's Spring Essentials Drive our BCO volunteers packaged 961 essential bags for the Calgary Drop-In & Rehab Centre - The DI, The Mustard Seed and Lethbridge shelter!
- BCO attended the 2019 Okotoks Trade and Lifestyle Show to spread awareness
- We hosted tons of Essentials Drive events with our partner Windy Point soaps and many amazing volunteers, where soaps, shampoos, lip balms and other items were made by hand
- Spring Clothing Drive was a huge success thanks to all our community partners and active community participation
- We made some changes to our board of directors and roles; check out our Team BCO page to see our current team!
2020 continues to offer great strides for BCO and we feel extremely blessed to bring the new year in with all of you!
Thanks everyone for your big hearts, your time and your donations that made our annual Christmas Feast a huge success!
We had 29 volunteers this year and served 31 families consisting of a grand total of 139 individuals, which includes 68 children! It was a day full of gratitude, community spirit and friendship!
"The greatness of a community is most accurately measured by the compassionate actions of its members." – Coretta Scott King
We could not end such a wonderful heartfelt morning without joining back together at Hubtown to extend the feeling that filled our hearts today in children receiving gifts from Santa and all the makings for a Christmas feast!
Special thanks to our amazing supporters in the community, without whom we would not have been able to serve our community today:
Sheep River Health Trust
Hub Town Brewing
Pet Valu (Okotoks, AB - Southbank)
PetSmart (200 Southridge Dr, Ste 681, Okotoks, Alberta)
Christmas Angels - Judy and Louise
Latter Day Saints in Okotoks (Teen group - our giftwrapping team!)
And to Sobeys Okotoks our partner for 3 years now, their dedication and compassion to our community is beyond remarkable! Thank you, David, Jamie and Bruce for always for simply being the humble kind souls you are!
Read the Okotoks Online Article Here: https://okotoksonline.com/local/baby-it-s-cold-outside-bundling-up-for-coldest-night-of-the-year
We are incredibly humbled and so very grateful to the amazing team at Bar None Ranches for their heartfelt words and generous donation of $5,000.00.
Here is a peak into the beautiful message we received today ...
"It was our pleasure to be able to help with such a worthy charity! I am just so grateful that there are people like you and your organization in this world. Without people's hard work, compassion and time, these charities would not exist! Thank you🙏🏻"
We are a charitable organization based in Alberta, Canada. We are devoted to helping the homeless through various fundraising events, clothing and essentials drives, and our eventual goal is transitional housing.