2019 Year in Review
As we say farewell to 2019, we want to take a soulful moment and sit in gratitude for all the incredible support we received throughout the year. We reflect back on our volunteers, loyal and new, that continuously rose to every occasion to help, and to all our donors who helped in putting clothes on the backs of those in need or through financial support.
We were honoured by all the fundraising events throughout the year where so many chose BCO as their charity of choice. New partners, long-time partners, all rising up for a cause we hold so dear to our heart, offering contributions and annual commitments--we are grateful to all of you.
You have clothed, fed and offered up hope, compassion and kindness to so many, you have touched lives and renewed faith. On behalf of the BCO team and our clients, Thank You for offering a hand up and making the difference in so many lives.
Here are just some of 2019's highlights:
- BCO Becomes host of Coldest Night of the Year in Okotoks for 2020 along with Okotoks Food Bank
- Lethbridge Hyundai teams up with BCO to give Lethbridge a Hand Up, along with multiple generous donations (1 | 2)!
- BCO opens a new chapter in Lethbridge, AB!!
- BCO serves 31 families in the Christmas Feast, with 29 volunteers, serving a grand total of 139 individuals, which includes 68 children
- BCO Receives generous donation from Bar None Ranches
- Fall/Winter Essential Drive: 523 essential bags delivered to the The Mustard Seed and Calgary Drop-In Centre and Lethbridge partners
- Burger & Beer Event by The Original Essential Oils Kitchen donates to BCO
- Winter Clothing Drive was a huge success thanks to all our community partners and active community participation
- BCO teams up with Tamara Bovin Fitness and Kim McClain, receiving multiple event-driven donations throughout the year (1 | 2)
- BCO receives $1500 donation from the Okotoks Lions Club for the Christmas Feast
- BCO is nominated for the Okotoks Business Excellence Awards "Not for Profit or Social Profit Award"
- BCO participates in the groundbreaking Power of Kindness event, launching a movement of kindness in Okotoks, with proceeds from the event donated to BCO for upcoming Essentials Drives and Christmas Feast
- CD Bloom Studio selects BCO as one of their charities of choice for 1st Anniversary Event donation
- BCO wins Bronze for Best Charitable Organization in the Western Wheel Readers' Choice Awards for 2019!
- BCO hosts a volunteer appreciation event for our amazing volunteers!
- BCO participates in Sheep River Health Trust Radiothon and is donated portion of event proceeds
- BCO participates in our first Okotoks Jail and Bail, and the event is a huge success!
- For this year's Spring Essentials Drive our BCO volunteers packaged 961 essential bags for the Calgary Drop-In & Rehab Centre - The DI, The Mustard Seed and Lethbridge shelter!
- BCO attended the 2019 Okotoks Trade and Lifestyle Show to spread awareness
- We hosted tons of Essentials Drive events with our partner Windy Point soaps and many amazing volunteers, where soaps, shampoos, lip balms and other items were made by hand
- Spring Clothing Drive was a huge success thanks to all our community partners and active community participation
- We made some changes to our board of directors and roles; check out our Team BCO page to see our current team!
2020 continues to offer great strides for BCO and we feel extremely blessed to bring the new year in with all of you!
2018 A Year to Remember!
We became members of Okotoks & District Chambers of Commerce.
Our fall fundraiser left us speechless, the support within the community, Town of Okotoks and from the Okotoks and District Chamber of Commerce was immeasurable and it allowed BCO to create a new level of awareness of those in need in our communities and how we are all connected, including the importance of seeing each other.
Our Christmas Feast fed 128 people, including 56 children, within 27 families. Every child had a present under the tree. So many supporters this season made this event the biggest act of kindness to date! Huge thanks go out to Okotoks Sobeys, Hallmark Does Hair, Pure Envy Salon, We Wash Windows, Pet Valu Okotoks, Okotoks Culture & Heritage, RBC, Excel Benefits Inc, iDental, The Eagle 100.9, Okotoks Western Wheel Newspaper, Linda (our Christmas angel for making stockings), our Calgary angel who made delicious treats, everyone who nominated a family in need (it's so important to look out for our neighbours during the holiday season), and all of our amazing volunteers who helped bring it all together and deliver the Christmas Feasts to each of our families.
We had an article in Okotoks Living magazine, creating more awareness for our local community of how we offer a hand up and our future aspirations for those in need.
We received an early Christmas present and got our official status as a Registered Charity!
And none of this could have happened without all the support we received from all of you, our volunteers and from our communities throughout Alberta! Thank you.
We have amazing plans for 2019, and we would love to have you join us!
Follow us on Facebook to stay up-to-date with our latest news.
Happy New Year,
We are a charitable organization based in Alberta, Canada. We are devoted to helping the homeless through various fundraising events, clothing and essentials drives, and our eventual goal is transitional housing.